We are opening by appointment effective 6/15/2020.
For the safety of staff and other patrons- do not come to the library if you have a fever, cough, or are feeling unwell. Call us at 402-375-3135 to set up an appointment and for more information.
If you do have a mask, we ask that you please wear it in our space.
Patrons will be requested to use hand sanitizer upon entering the library.
Please continue to return items to our outside book drop.
Monday-Thursday: 1 PM-6:45 PM
Friday: 1 PM-4:45 PM
Saturday: 10 PM-12:45 PM
We will continue to offer curbside service! Please take advantage of this service if you are uncomfortable with visiting us. Call us at: 402-375-3135 to ask questions.
With the beginning of Summer Reading Program June 1st, our curbside service is changing. We are no longer limiting the number of books, magazines, audiobooks that patrons can check out!
We have also expanded our games, puzzles and DVDs to a limit of 10 total.
Item requested will be available the next business day.
Curbside hours are now 10-7 Monday through Thursday, 10-5 on Friday and 10-2 on Saturday.
To set up our curbside service -
- Step 1: Call 402-375-3135 or log-in to your account online to request items. (If you are interested in our puzzles please call in to request as online holds are currently not working for those items)
- Step 2: A librarian will call the following morning to schedule a time frame for your pick up.
- Step 3: Arrive at the library at your designated time and call or ring the doorbell to let us know you have arrived.
- Step 4: Return/remain in your vehicle or at least 6 feet from the entrance while a librarian places your items on the table located at the building entrance. Once the librarian has re-entered the building, you may pick up your items.
We do ask that you return items via our book drop (located next to the bike rack).
We have items returned enter into a quarantine period for four days before checking in and returning to the shelves.
If you don’t know what you’d like to get and do not feel comfortable with our online catalog, phone or email us to share titles, authors, genres you have enjoyed and we will be happy to pull a selection for you to try.
We are happy to share that we can now print pages for pick up through our curbside service!
- Step 1: Email what needs to be printed to email@example.com and specify if you want the pages to be double sided or not, and if you want it to be printed in B&W ($.10 a side) or color ($1.00 a side).
- Step 2: A librarian will reply with the cost of the print job and to schedule your pick up time.
- Step 3: Please place the amount exact amount due in an envelope with your name on it (we can’t make change). When you arrive to pick up, drop your envelope into the drop box and let the librarian know you have arrived by either calling or ringing the doorbell (located on the dropbox).
- Step 4: Return/remain in your vehicle or at least 6 feet from the entrance while a librarian places your print outs on the table located at the building entrance. Once the librarian has re-entered the building, you may pick up your items.
Public Wi-Fi is available 24 hours a day from our parking lot! Feel free to use from the comfort of your vehicle whenever necessary.
Check out Ebooks and Audiobooks through the Libby App.
Online Databases are available for all Nebraskans through NebraskAccess. These resources can be accessed with either your Nebraska driver’s licence number or this password: 1867detour4
Learn a new language through Pronunciator
Keep your mind sharp with brain exercises from BrainHQ
Follow the library on Facebook. We will continue to share the most up to date resources, videos, story times and more through this and our other social media pages.
Visit cdc.gov/COVID19 for more information on this issue.
The Wayne Public Library provides materials for community residents in a variety of formats for recreational and leisure pursuits as well as accurate and current information for daily problem solving.
Access to other materials or information will be obtained through interlibrary loan or online database services. Special emphasis will be placed on materials and programs of interest and benefit to children and youth that support enrichment of reading and learning.