Click to Home

Go To Search
Click to Home
Sales Tax
The City of Wayne currently imposes a 1.5% city sales tax. 

Back in the November election of 2008, City of Wayne voters approved a 1% city sales tax of which 60% of the tax generated is earmarked for capital projects in Wayne, while the remaining 40% is to be used for economic development (LB840) purposes.  This tax will sunset on June 30, 2024.

The document below shows how these funds have been allocated (as of November 1, 2017).

Link: Capital Projects and LB840 Economic Development

In the November election of 2014, voters approved an additional 0.5% city sales tax to help fund the construction of a new swimming pool/aquatic center.  The sales tax will be collected to pay off bonds in the amount not to exceed $2,900,000.  This sales tax will sunset once $2.9 million has been collected.

Home  |  Calendar  |  Contact Us  |  Translate  |  Accessibility   |  Site Map  |  Wind PoweredWind Powered   |  Copyright Notice   |  Powered by CivicPlus