WPL Curbside Pickup 2020
WPL May/June 2020 Update: Effective Immediately: Curbside is Expanding! Wayne Public Library is expanding services and curb-side pick up hours!
The library will remain closed to the public, as the library board has not set an official date for us to reopen (will be considered at the June 9th meeting).
With the beginning of Summer Reading Program June 1st, our curbside service is changing. We are no longer limiting the number of books, magazines, audiobooks that patrons can check out!
We have also expanded our games, puzzles and DVDs to a limit of 10 total.
Item requested will be available the next business day.
Curbside hours are now 10-7 Monday through Thursday, 10-5 on Friday and 10-2 on Saturday.
To set up our curbside service -
- Step 1: Call 402-375-3135 or log-in to your account online to request items. (If you are interested in our puzzles please call in to request as online holds are currently not working for those items)
- Step 2: A librarian will call the following morning to schedule a time frame for your pick up.
- Step 3: Arrive at the library at your designated time and call or ring the doorbell to let us know you have arrived.
- Step 4: Return/remain in your vehicle or at least 6 feet from the entrance while a librarian places your items on the table located at the building entrance. Once the librarian has re-entered the building, you may pick up your items.
We do ask that you return items via our book drop (located next to the bike rack).
We have items returned enter into a quarantine period for 72 hours before checking in and returning to the shelves.
If you don’t know what you’d like to get and do not feel comfortable with our online catalog, phone or email us to share titles, authors, genres you have enjoyed and we will be happy to pull a selection for you to try.
We are happy to share that we can now print pages for pick up through our curbside service!
- Step 1: Email what needs to be printed to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify if you want the pages to be double sided or not, and if you want it to be printed in B&W ($.10 a side) or color ($1.00 a side).
- Step 2: A librarian will reply with the cost of the print job and to schedule your pick up time.
- Step 3: Please place the amount exact amount due in an envelope with your name on it (we can’t make change). When you arrive to pick up, drop your envelope into the drop box and let the librarian know you have arrived by either calling or ringing the doorbell (located on the dropbox).
- Step 4: Return/remain in your vehicle or at least 6 feet from the entrance while a librarian places your print outs on the table located at the building entrance. Once the librarian has re-entered the building, you may pick up your items.
Need to set up an account? The library will be issuing temporary library cards via the phone! Give us a call at 402-375-3135 to get started.
Need to pay off an old fine to access your library account? Call to find out the exact amount and drop off your cash or check payment in an envelope with your name on it. We will be unable to make change during this time.