The Finance Department is responsible for maintaining a fiscally sound organization that conforms to legal requirements and to generally accepted financial management principles.
- Manages and analyzes the City's financial data and reports to provide financial information in accordance with legal requirements and generally accepted accounting principles
- Works with City staff and all vendors to ensure purchasing policy compliance
- Provides payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and special assessment services
- Assists in the preparation of the annual operating budget
- Manages the City's investment portfolio
- Grant administration and compliance
- Serves as the Treasurer for the municipal airport
- Debt management
- Develops sound fiscal policies and practices
- Manages the Fixed Asset system for the City
Reports & Audits
Monthly and quarterly financial status reports are produced for the City Administrator and City Council. An annual audit is performed after the close of our fiscal year (September 30) in the fall by a third party accounting firm.