Licenses & Permits


View more information on the following licenses or permits:

2020 Licensed Electricians and Plumbers

The following individuals and companies are licensed to do electrical and plumbing work in the City of Wayne:

Contact the Wayne Police Department at (402) 375-2626 for the following licenses or permits:

  • Bike license
  • Burning permit
  • Dog license
  • Door-to-door sales permit
  • Firearms permit

For a building permit, contact the Building and Planning Department at (402) 375-1733.

Liquor Licenses

It is unlawful for any person to manufacture for sale, sell, keep for sale or barter any alcoholic liquors within the City unless he shall have in full force and effect a license as provided by the Liquor Control Act. To obtain a Liquor License, please contact the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission (NLCC) for information, online license applications and renewals.

For any additional questions or information regarding Liquor Licenses, contact the City Clerk at (402) 375-1733. City Council approval is required, with licenses being issued by the NLCC.

Tobacco Licenses

Contact the City Clerk’s office at (402) 375-1733. Cost is $15 per year, and renewal is December for the following year.