Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
(Updated: August 30, 2021)
The Community Redevelopment Authority (CRA) for the City of Wayne will be accepting sealed bids for the razing of two (2) structures (house and detached garage) including basement and all footings, removal of one (1) large tree and its stump, and filling in one (1) old cistern located at 717 Main Street, Wayne, Nebraska.
Bids will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, September 10, 2021, and awarded no later than September 28, 2021.
Bids may be mailed to:
City of WayneAttn: Betty McGuire, City ClerkPO Box 8Wayne, NE 68787
The following criteria should be included or noted by the Contractor when submitting the bid:
- Demolition shall be completed by November 15, 2021.
- Site shall be fine graded to match neighboring properties to eliminate any ponding of water in preparation for seeding.
- Contractor shall provide a liability insurance policy in the amount of $1 million dollars, listing the CRA as an additional insured and waiving subrogation.
- Demolition materials must be taken to a licensed landfill.
- Contractor shall have salvage rights to materials.
- The driveway to the west of the house should stay; the garage driveway to the east needs to be removed. Therefore, all concrete on the property needs to come out EXCEPT the driveway along the highway and the north/south running public sidewalk.
- The water service needs to be capped at the water main (main is on the same [east] side of the street) and inspected by the City prior to being backfilled.
- All vegetation needs to be removed, including the north bushes, from the site so it is ready for the City to sow to grass.
- All other provisions of the original request for demo bid remain the same.
Any questions concerning the above proposal requirements, please contact Wes Blecke, City Administrator, at (402) 375-1733.