How do I get police reports?
Copies of police reports and accident reports are available for a fee of $5 for reports up to six pages and $0.50 per page after six pages. Anyone wishing to obtain a copy of a police report or accident report must complete an Information Request Form. Reports can be obtained in person, by mail or by fax. It will be possible to receive reports via email in the future.

Persons who have been arrested and are pending a trial may not obtain copies of the police reports without filing a motion for discovery in the appropriate court.

Employers may request local criminal history arrest data from the Wayne Police Department by supplying the full name and date of birth of the person on whom the request is made. A Social Security number is helpful, but not required. The person on whom the request is made must sign a release of information form before any criminal history data will be released. For a more extensive criminal history search you may contact the Nebraska State Patrol at (402) 471-4545.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain permission to park overnight in a restricted parking area?
2. What do the different city siren signals mean?
3. How do I get police reports?
4. What time are you open?
5. Why are the Civil Defense sirens going off?
6. What are the current road conditions?
7. What is the phone number for other law enforcement or EMS agencies?
8. Did you tow my vehicle?