Do I need a permit if I wish to raze an existing structure?
Yes. According to Section 18-2 of the City of Wayne Municipal Code, it is unlawful for any person to demolish or raze any building or part of a building in the City of Wayne, Nebraska, without first obtaining a permit from the building inspector.

An application may be obtained from the Building Official. In addition to the application, a non-refundable permit fee of $60 for residential and commercial structures and $20 for accessory structures is required. The applicant is also required to post a bond in the amount of $1 per total floor space of the existing structure (excluding the basement) to be demolished or razed. The bond is refundable, conditioned upon all City utilities being properly disconnected and that all demolished or razed material be properly removed and disposed of. Please contact the Building Official at (402) 375-1733 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. What are building codes?
2. Do I need a building permit?
3. Do I need a permit if I wish to raze an existing structure?
4. Where do I get a building permit?
5. What do I need to get a building permit?
6. Do I need to contact anyone if I want to dig in my yard?
7. Do I need to submit the application to anyone other than the building official?
8. How soon will my permit be approved?
9. After my permit is approved, what else do I need to do?
10. What necessary inspections are performed?
11. How do I know the inspection was conducted?