INVITATION TO SUBMIT DEVELOPMENT PROPOSALS
The Community Redevelopment Authority (CRA) of the City of Wayne is inviting developers and interested parties to submit proposals for land to be purchased and developed along Main Street, north of Jimmy Johns to 8th Street, with addresses included 717 & 721 Main Street (refer to photo below). Proposals will be accepted immediately, with first review on May 19, 2023; there is no current deadline for proposals. The CRA reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, as well as to negotiate with a developer the details of any original proposal accepted by the CRA. Please contact Betty McGuire, City Clerk or Wes Blecke, City Administrator at 402-375-1733 with any questions or for more information.
Completed proposals should be sent to:
Betty McGuire, City Clerk
306 N Pearl Street
PO Box 8
Wayne, NE 68787
Proposals may also be emailed to:
The proposals should include:
- Developer name, credentials and past projects
- Monetary offer for the properties
- List any incentives (and amounts) being requested by the developer from the City and/or CRA, and other programs/incentives from the State of Nebraska, Federal Government, and/or other not-for-profit funds
- Site plan drawn to scale
a. Building(s) layout (i.e. garages, shared spaces, etc.)
b. Water, sanitary sewer and storm water plan
c. Grounds/landscaping plan
d. Site ingress and egress
e. Parking plan, according to B3 zoning regulations (found in Chapter 152.139 of the Wayne Municipal Code)
- Building(s) plan (include elevation drawings for each side of the building(s), and if residential, number of units/bedrooms)
- Timeline from purchase to completed development (include phase(s) timeline(s) if development is planned to be phased)
- If the proposal includes subdividing the property, a preliminary plat as described in the Wayne Municipal Code - Section 151.037 Paragraph (H)
- Narrative including unique qualities of the proposal and how this development would substantially benefit the community.
- Development completed as soon as possible
- Required to sign a development contract with the CRA including, but not limited to, property clawbacks
- 721 Main Street - 90' x 100'
- 717 Main Street - 85' x 150'
- Both lots previously had single-family homes that have been razed
- Zoning - B3 Neighborhood Commercial Zoning District
- Inside Wayne's Corporate Limits
- Properties directly North of a newly established Jimmy Johns restaurant
- Properties across Highway 15 to the East of Dairy Queen
|3/24/2023 12:00 AM
|Open Until Contracted